Fundraising Tips & Incentives
Why Fundraise for Wheel 2 Heal?
Wheel 2 Heal (W2H) is a unique cycling fundraiser that raises money for Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation (ERHF).
W2H’s focus is on fundraising and supporting Eagle Ridge Hospital (ERH), as well as encouraging fitness and recreation in the community. The ride boasts a variety of routes for every ability and fitness level, including a mostly flat but challenging 100km ride and trail rides of 40 and 15 kms. Post ride, Celebration Plaza offers fun for the whole family including kid’s activities!
Did you know?
- 1 in 2 people living in the Tri-Cities are touched by the care given at ERH
- On average, 70% of the Hospital’s new equipment is purchased with funds raised through ERHF
Your Hospital Needs YOU!
Healthcare is expensive…
Government funding covers the basics…
Yet there is a significant gap…
Your Wheel 2 Heal donations help fill that gap!
Our hospital delivers excellence because of investments from donors like you and events like W2H. It is because of this need that we require all riders to self-pledge or fundraise a minimum fundraising goal of $250*.
Help your hospital, Eagle Ridge, provide the best healthcare in your backyard.
Register today! What’s included:
- Your choice of 100 km road ride (shortcut available), or 40km and 15km family trail rides – all are fun and scenic!
- Cool event t-shirt
- Mikeburger sponsored by Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual
- One beverage in the Celebration Plaza Beer Garden
- Post-ride snacks and refreshments
- Post-ride Celebration Plaza with entertainment and vendor booths
- Water stations and First Aid along the course
- Bike Mechanics on event day
- A clearly marked course with course marshalls throughout
- 50+ friendly volunteers cheering you on!
- Plus! Savings at Cap’s Westwood Cycling including:
· 10% off parts, accessories and clothing
· 5% Rebate in the form an in-store credit on a purchase of a regular priced bike over $1000.
- A tax receipt equal to your registration fee thus waiving your registration!
* Minimum fundraising for Adult participants is $250 and Youth (9-16 years) is $100. Tax receipts issued for all donations over $25.
Raise $500 & receive the above, plus:
- A Wheel 2 Heal-branded No-show Socks
Be a HERO! Raise $1,000 & receive the above, plus:
- An exclusive 2017 Hero Vest (if reached by March 31, 2017)
- Entered into the Hero Draws for the chance to WIN amazi
ng prizes from our sponsors
- Hero status & recognition!
Check out our 2017 Top Fundraiser & Hero Draw Prizes!
Get Fundraising in 3 Easy Steps!
1 – Set up Your personal Fundraising Page
The best way to fundraise for Wheel 2 Heal is to set up your fundraising page and start emailing it out. If you need assistance with it please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 – Make a List of Prospects
A great way to get going is to create a list of people you want to ask. Here’s a Prospect List to help you get started. Download Prospect List Here
3 – Create a Fundraising Plan
Maybe you’re going to email out your requests, maybe you like getting on the phone? Then there are others who prefer to old a fundraiser.
If you’re looking for fundraising ideas you can do yourself or with a partner or teammate, check out our Fundraising Tips Sheet.
If you do any fundraising in person, here is the pledge form you can use. Download Pledge Form Here
All cash and cheque donations can be dropped of or mailed to: Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation 475 Guildford Way, Port Moody, BC V3H 3W9
Do a Spin Promotion!
A Spin Promotion is a great way for you/your team to set up your bike at a local business and spin for donations. We can provide you with a pop up banner, bookmarks to hand out, and posters. Need bike trainers to keep your bike stable? Kelly at Westwood Caps Cycle can lend you some – email@example.com
Also, if you want some help or tips on how to do a Spin Promo – drop us a line, we can help!
Sample Social Media Posts to use to Fundraise:
Facebook Posts for Individuals to use:
- Guess what! I’m riding in @Wheel2Heal for @EagleRidgeHospitalFoundation! I would love your help raising funds for the ride! You can donate at: [link to personal fundraising page]
- Support me as I ride in @Wheel2Heal for @EagleRidgeHospitalFoundation. Donating is easy! Check out the link below: [link to personal fundraising page]
Twitter Posts for Individuals to use:
- Support me as I ride in this year’s @WheelToHeal for @ERHF1! [link to personal fundraising page]
- You don’t need to ride in @WheelToHeal to show your support for @ERHF1! I can ride for you – but first, I need your donations! [link to personal fundraising page]
Facebook Posts for Teams:
- I’m riding in @Wheel2Heal on May 6th with my team [insert team name] to raise money for @EagleRidgeHospitalFoundation. Support us! Just follow the link below: [link to team donation page]
- Support my @Wheel2Heal team, [insert team name] as we ride for @EagleRidgeHospitalFoundation on May 6th! Any help is greatly appreciated! Follow the link below for more info: [link to team donation page]
Twitter Posts for Teams:
- Support my @WheelToHeal team by donating today at: [link to team donation page]
- Join my team as we ride in @WheelToHeal to support @ERHF1. Learn more at: [link to team donation page]